Eye on Africa - DR Congo's latest Ebola outbreak tough to tackle

Have anything to say about this article?

You can report: fake news, misinformation, error, more information, additional data, etc.

Comment
Cancel
Your comment has been sent successfuly! Thank you.
France24 Francia 13m

Eye on Africa - DR Congo's latest Ebola outbreak tough to tackle

In tonight's edition: The World Health Organization is warning that it's unlikely the Ebola outbreak will be over in the next two months. Also, a Kenyan transport strike triggered by rising fuel prices due to the Middle East war is paused after causing four deaths and major economic disru»»»

france24.com
UPI Stati Uniti d'America 1h

CDC says American infected with Ebola was sent to Germany for care - UPI.com

A staff in a protective gown prepares to inspect visitors as a preventive measure against Ebola at the National Institute of Biomedical Research in Goma, North Kivu, Democratic Republic of Congo, on Tuesday, the same day U.S. health officials said an American infected with the virus was being sent »»»

upi.com
RCI Canada 11h

Amid deadly Ebola outbreak in Congo and Uganda, Canada not banning travellers | RCI

Canadian health authorities say they are monitoring the outbreak that has now killed at least 134 people. While Canada is monitoring a severe Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) and Uganda, the federal health authority says it is not implementing a travel ban or actively testin»»»

ici.radio-canada.ca
Arab Times Kuwait 12h

Bahrain bans travellers from Ebola-hit countries as Jordan and UAE tighten health measures

MANAMA, May 19: The Civil Aviation Affairs (CAA) of Bahrain has announced the suspension of entry for non-Bahraini travellers arriving from South Sudan, the Democratic Republic of the Congo and Uganda, effective from Tuesday, May 19, in response to the ongoing Ebola outbreak and updated guidance fr»»»

arabtimesonline.com
Arab News Arabia Saudita 16h

Bahrain suspends entry of foreigners from 3 Ebola countries

CAIRO: Bahrain said on Tuesday ​it was suspending the entry of foreign travelers arriving from South Sudan, ‌the Democratic ‌Republic ​of ‌Congo ⁠and ​Uganda due ⁠to the Ebola virus outbreak. The suspension will be effective for ⁠30 days ‌starting Tuesday, ‌according ​to ‌the country’s ‌state news »»»

arabnews.com
Africa News Repubblica del Congo 17h

WHO warns of ‘scale and speed’ of deadly Ebola outbreak in DR Congo

The World Health Organization is sounding the alarm over the “scale and speed” of a deadly Ebola outbreak sweeping eastern Democratic Republic of Congo. Health officials say at least 131 people have died, with more than 500 suspected cases reported as the virus spreads through conflict-hit regions »»»

africanews.com
Sada El-Balad Egitto 19h

Ebola Death Toll in DR Congo Rises to 131

Local officials in Democratic Republic of the Congo have announced that the death toll from the ongoing Ebola outbreak has risen to 131, while more than 513 suspected cases have been recorded so far. According to the English edition of the BBC, a spokesperson for the Congolese government said new i»»»

see.news
The Times of India India 20h

Evening news wrap: Jahangir Khan exits Falta re-poll race in Bengal; WHO raises alarm over Ebola outbreak & more

Image credits: IANS, AP Trinamool Congress candidate Jahangir Khan has withdrawn from the Falta re-poll after the Election Commission scrapped the original vote over alleged large-scale electoral irregularities, intensifying the political battle in West Bengal.The Supreme Court has refused to alter»»»

timesofindia.indiatimes.com
Channel News Asia Malesia 21h

Singapore steps up health measures after Ebola outbreak in DR Congo, Uganda

SINGAPORE: Singapore has stepped up public health measures following the Ebola outbreak in Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) and Uganda to prevent imported cases, the Communicable Diseases Agency (CDA) said on Tuesday (May 19). Health advisories are now in place at all points of entry to Singapore»»»

channelnewsasia.com
LBCI Libano 23h

WHO awaits six tons of Ebola supplies to Congo as outbreak grows

A World Health Organization (WHO) official said that six tons of supplies to fight Ebola were set to arrive in the Democratic Republic of Congo on Tuesday, including ⁠personal protective equipment and other medical supplies. "We have sent 12 tons of supply. An additional six are arriving today. The»»»

lbcgroup.tv
TheStraitsTimes Singapore 1d

Africa CDC declares continental emergency over Ebola outbreak

ADDIS ABABA – The Africa Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (Africa CDC) has declared the Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) and Uganda a Continental Public Health Emergency, in a statement late on May 18. The DRC has recorded 131 deaths from 513 suspected cases of»»»

straitstimes.com
Bangladesh Sangbad Sangstha Bangladesh 1d

Estimated DR Congo Ebola death toll jumps to 131

KINSHASA, May 19, 2026 (BSS/AFP) - The toll from the Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo has risen to an estimated 131 deaths from 513 suspected cases, health minister Samuel Roger Kamba said. The previous figures from the epidemic in the country's east, which the World Health Organi»»»

bssnews.net
Free Malaysia Today Malesia 1d

Africa CDC declares continental emergency over Ebola outbreak

The Africa CDC said it was working closely with the WHO to strengthen coordination, as developed in response to recent mpox and cholera outbreaks. (EPA Images pic) ADDIS ABABA: The Africa Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (Africa CDC) has declared the Ebola outbreak in DR Congo and Uganda »»»

freemalaysiatoday.com
Al Awsat Arabia Saudita 19.05. 09:50

Africa CDC Declares Continental Emergency Over Ebola Outbreak

The Africa Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (Africa CDC) has declared the Ebola outbreak in DR Congo and Uganda a Continental Public Health Emergency, in a statement late Monday. The Democratic Republic of Congo has recorded 131 deaths from 513 suspected cases of Ebola, and there has been»»»

english.aawsat.com
The New Indian Express India 19.05. 07:14

Congo opens more centers to treat rare type of Ebola that has killed nearly 120

Add TNIE As A Trusted Source KINSHASA: Congo will open three Ebola treatment centers in the eastern Ituri province, and the World Health Organization is sending a team of experts to the country, following an outbreak of a rare type of the virus that has killed nearly 120 people. A ... »»»

newindianexpress.com
Al Jazeera Qatar 19.05. 05:35

WHO responding to ‘complex, difficult’ Ebola outbreak in DR Congo

The World Health Organization is getting health experts and supplies to DR Congo to battle the Ebola outbreak. WHO representative Anne Ancia says the situation in Bunia, the epicentre of the outbreak, is complex and difficult. ... »»»

aljazeera.com
The Conversation Global Stati Uniti d'America 19.05. 01:40

Ebola strain spreading in Congo and Uganda has no approved vaccine

As a deadly outbreak of Ebola virus spreads in the Democratic Republic of Congo and Uganda, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said on May 17, 2026, that it is transferring “a small number of Americans” who were in Congo and who were exposed to the virus. Some of these exposures ar»»»

theconversation.com
DW Germania 18.05. 18:43

Ebola outbreak adds to fears in conflict-ridden Ituri, Congo

Lara BabalolaDR Congo's northeastern Ituri province was seized by rebels in January and faces a humanitarian crisis. Now an outbreak of Ebola is putting its inhabitants under further strain. https://p.dw.com/p/5DvvGAdvertisementExperts from the World Health Organization have arrived in eastern Demo»»»

dw.com
Have anything to say about this article?

You can report: fake news, misinformation, error, more information, additional data, etc.

Comment
Cancel
Your comment has been sent successfuly! Thank you.
Text

280 characters remaining