Police summon Zambian opposition leader for questioning after disputed vote

Have anything to say about this article?

You can report: fake news, misinformation, error, more information, additional data, etc.

Comment
Cancel
Your comment has been sent successfuly! Thank you.
Africa News Repubblica del Congo 21h

Police summon Zambian opposition leader for questioning after disputed vote

Zambian police summoned opposition leader Brian Mundubile late Thursday for questioning over an alleged national security threat, days after an election marked by a crackdown on dissent. Mundubile finished second in the August 13 vote that handed President Hakainde Hichilema a second term and has v»»»

africanews.com
Bangladesh Sangbad Sangstha Bangladesh 21.08. 11:17

Zambia police summon opposition leader after disputed vote

LUSAKA, Aug 21, 2026 (BSS/AFP) - Zambian police summoned opposition leader Brian Mundubile late Thursday for questioning over an alleged national security threat, days after an election marked by a crackdown on dissent. Mundubile finished second in the August 13 vote that handed President Hakainde »»»

bssnews.net
UPI Stati Uniti d'America 21.08. 10:01

Japan executes arsonist who killed 5 in 2009 Osaka Pachinko fire - UPI.com

Japanese Justice Minister Hiroshi Hiraguchi announces Friday in a Tokyo press conference that the death sentence of death-row inmate Sunao Takami had been carried out. Sunao Takami, a 58-year-old death-row inmate who was convicted of killing five people in an arson attack at a pachinko parlor in Os»»»

upi.com
Daily Mail Gran Bretagna 10.08. 09:57

JK Rowling offers to bankroll NHS staff protecting single-sex spaces

JK Rowling has offered to fund female NHS patients and staff who take legal action over biological males being allowed into women-only spaces. The Harry Potter author acted after one health trust said transgender women can continue to use female wards, toilets, showers and changing rooms for now. T»»»

dailymail.co.uk
The New Indian Express India 23.07. 09:35

Five soldiers killed in bomb attack in Thailand's restive south

BANGKOK: Five Thai soldiers were killed in a shooting and bomb attack at a checkpoint in the country's insurgency-hit south, the army said, one of the deadliest such incidents in years. Six civilians were also wounded in the Wednesday evening attack in Narathiwat province, one of three Muslim-major»»»

newindianexpress.com
TheStraitsTimes Singapore 23.07. 07:32

Five soldiers killed in bomb attack in Thailand’s restive south

Bangkok - Five Thai soldiers were killed in a shooting and bomb attack at a checkpoint in the country’s insurgency-hit south, the army said, one of the deadliest such incidents in years. Six civilians were also wounded in the July 22 evening attack in Narathiwat province, one of three Muslim-majori»»»

straitstimes.com
Malay Mail Malesia 23.07. 07:24

Five soldiers killed in Thai checkpoint ambush, six civilians wounded

BANGKOK, July 23 — Five Thai soldiers were killed in a shooting and bomb attack at a checkpoint in the country’s insurgency-hit south, the army said, one of the deadliest such incidents in years. Six civilians were also wounded in the Wednesday evening attack in Narathiwat province, one of three Mu»»»

malaymail.com
Channel News Asia Malesia 23.07. 06:28

Five soldiers killed in bomb attack in Thailand's restive south

BANGKOK: Five Thai soldiers were killed in a shooting and bomb attack at a checkpoint in the country's insurgency-hit south, the army said, one of the deadliest such incidents in years. Six civilians were also wounded in the Wednesday (Jun 22) evening attack in Narathiwat province, local officials »»»

channelnewsasia.com
Middle East Eye Medio Oriente 17.07. 17:59

Israeli general praises illegal outposts driving Palestinian ethnic cleansing

Israel portrays violent settlers as a fringe group abroad while treating its illegal outposts as security assets at home The Israeli military commander responsible for the occupied West Bank has praised illegal settler outposts as security assets, laying bare the state support behind a network inst»»»

middleeasteye.net
RCI Canada 13.07. 23:48

Liberals continue court fight against First Nations drinking water rights, despite new bill | RCI

Federal lawyers claim Shamattawa ruling 'paves the way for unlimited government liability' Brett Forester (new window) · CBC News The Carney government continues to fight First Nations in court to deny Canada has a legal duty to ensure they have safe drinking water on reserve, even as the Liberals »»»

ici.radio-canada.ca
The Guardian Gran Bretagna 13.07. 12:14

Zaghari-Ratcliffe condemns Iran’s ‘cruel’ rearrest of wildlife activist couple

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe has described the rearrest of two Iranian environmentalists, one of whom she met at Evin prison, as “unimaginably cruel and alarming”. Husband and wife Houman Jokar and Sepideh Kashani were arrested by the ministry of intelligence at their home on 1 July. No reason has bee»»»

theguardian.com
EU Observer Unione Europea 22.06. 14:03

Inside Slovakia’s escalating war on NGOs

The environment for human rights defenders, though rarely favourable in Slovakia, is getting worse. Pressure against NGOs has only mounted since Robert Fico’s government re-gained power in 2023, making no disguise of its intention to target what it deems to be “political” NGOs. In a policy statemen»»»

euobserver.com
Free Malaysia Today Malesia 08.06. 12:06

Amnesty says Cambodia’s scam centres still operating despite crackdowns

The Amnesty report said government interventions were often reactive and ineffective, with alleged collusion and survivors moved to evade authorities. (Reuters pic) PHNOM PENH: Dozens of suspected global scam compounds in Cambodia are still in operation despite a months-long crackdown by authoritie»»»

freemalaysiatoday.com
Daily Post Nigeria Nigeria 06.04. 06:39

I’m not afraid, I’ll never be intimidated – Seun Okinbaloye fires back at Wike

Channels Television anchor, Seun Okinbaloye, has said he is “not afraid” of Nyesom Wike, the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, FCT. Wike had said he would have “broken his TV screen and shot” Okinbaloye, over his comments that a one-party system would destroy democracy in Nigeria. The mini»»»

dailypost.ng
The Nation Nigeria 05.04. 07:40

Wike's aide clarifies comment on Okinbaloye - The Nation Newspaper

Lere Olayinka, Senior Special Assistant on Public Communications and Social Media to the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nyesom Wike, has clarified one of the comments made by the Minister during Friday’s Media Chat, on Cha ... »»»

thenationonlineng.net
Channels Television Nigeria 05.04. 06:44

‘Shoot’ Remark On Channels TV’s Okinbaloye Was Hyperbole, Not A Threat — Wike’s Aide

  The office of the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Nyesom Wike, has sought to defuse the backlash trailing his remark that he would have “shot” Channels Television anchor Seun Okinbaloye. The controversy followed Wike’s statement at the med ... »»»

channelstv.com
Have anything to say about this article?

You can report: fake news, misinformation, error, more information, additional data, etc.

Comment
Cancel
Your comment has been sent successfuly! Thank you.
Text

280 characters remaining